Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gallery Setup

Today I had to set up my gallery space at the Berkeley Potters Guild. Our doors will open again this coming Saturday and then the Gallery will be open every Saturday from 12:00 - 5:00 pm.
If you are in the area you should come by and check it out.


Unfortunately the walls are all white and I think my work looks much better with a colored background. You can see another photo of my studio space
below. I painted the walls red and it looks great with my work.

The Berkeley Potters Guild is a very special place with wonderful people. Here is a little about the story behind: It was founded in 1971 and is northern California's oldest and largest collective of professional ceramic artists. The renovated warehouse accommodates nineteen private studios.
Most members are production potters who create a wide variety of functional items. Others create one-of-a-kind sculptural pieces. Some work in traditional colors and forms influenced by an Asian aesthetic, while a few of our members make playful forms and decorate with intricate and colorful hand painted designs. The work reflects the broad spectrum of California contemporary ceramics.


While writing this I feel that I have to get back into my studio and make some new work.
Okay I will go now and start working.......... Sabine

No comments: