Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rome

Hello!
We just came back to Florence from Rome, Italy. Wow! what an incredible city. I have never been to Rome and it is breathtaking, amazing..... We only stayed for 2 nights but this is better than nothing at all. I know that we will be back.

The Colosseum of Rome… I couldn't take a closer picture because there were tons of people.

The Pantheon in Rome
The Pantheon is a magnificent ancient temple that was later converted into the church of Santa Maria ad Martyres. Dating from 125 AD, this is the most complete ancient building in Rome.

This picture shows me and Niki in front of the St. Peter's Basilica.

I have to say that I am not a very religious person (I was brought up Catholic and that is about it) but this was a very spiritual experience being inside the St. Peter's Basilica. I was very touched and it is the biggest and most amazing church I have ever seen.


Believe it or not - even Niki went inside St. Peter's Basilica and she was very sweet while being carried around.

Trevi Fountain at night.

I am tired now and will try to go to sleep soon. It is brutally hot here and there are lots of mosquito's. This is something not so great about being in Florence in August...But I am not complaining...

Ciao, Sabine

No comments: