Thursday, August 6, 2009

1st day in Florence!

Hello!
I made it to Florence, Italy and it is great so far. I have been here before but that was 20 years ago and I can't remember a thing...
Yesterday we walked around the city and we had our first cappuccino...Yummy!!!

This is my husband Stephan with Niki.

Did I mention that I took my little dog with me. Niki - the world traveler!!! I am really pround of her because she took everything so well. The long flight and now all the people and the heat.

I bought a little bag for her and I carry her around whenever she gets frightened or nervous. That works out well.

Here are my first couple photos.

Duomo

Piazza della Signora

Ponte Vecchio

I will keep you posted.... Ciao, Sabine

2 comments:

SueBeads said...

I love Florence! I was there about 2 years ago, and can't wait to go back someday!

toddinal said...

Early Autumn and Spring are the best times to visit Florence. This is still considered to be tourist season, but is not too overcrowded. Summer is the busiest season and you should expect crowds if you choose to travel at this time. The later Autumn tends to be chilly and can be rainy. It is still warm enough to visit and the crowds will have disappeared by this time.